Hair-y commitment

It was a hair gluing extravaganza here today.  I took the plunge on five, yes, FIVE custom dolls that have just sort of been sitting around wearing their wigs, but too afraid to commit.  Well, today was that day.

Part of it is trying to change my way of thinking and enjoying this hobby.  So much in the last 2 or 3 years was aquisition and WANTING driven, it’s hard to look at what you have and think: this is it.  HARD.  And when their hair isn’t attached, it’s really easy to say…yeah, but one more wig.  Yeah, but one more eye swap.  Yeah, but maybe I’ll try it with freckles….and then next thing you know, you’re never satisfied with what you have precisely because you have it and your doll space starts looking like a doll crime scene with parts strewn about everywhere.

So today I took a step towards commitment, and affixed every last loose wig.  And I look forward to introducing my characters.

(And it’s only Tacky glue anyway….*cough-cough*)

Advertisements

Soon!

The redecoration of my spot on earth is finally moving along, by late April the furniture and fish tanks should all be in and rearranged and at last I shall have a dedicated craft table!  A big beautiful dedicated expanse of workspace right in front of a big window that I can leave perpetually cluttered and messy and horendous, all in the name of glorious creativity!

Maybe then I can try to figure out sewing.  Or just pile crap up on it and leave the sewing machine out so it LOOKS like I’m learning sewing.  Hmm, choices! ;P

Post-pantygate, appreciating what I have a little more.

I find myself in the post-Pantygate era appreciating what I have already a little more.

I have not finished crafting anything yet, but put the 2017 challenge aside the last couple weeks just to fix up what I do have.  Part of this has been learning how to restring my dolls.  I use boiling water to do so, and I think it’s not recommended to in case the moisture stays in the limbs, but unfortunately it’s too late for 5 of my doll now, lol.  They are all happier for being a little firmer now.

I also tried popping a pair of eyes out and in.  I wouldn’t do it again, the ones coming out bent, and the ones going in are terribly crooked and gave me a wicked blister.

I’m also going through my collection and thinning things out due to a changing focus.  At one point I’d intended to make a 1930s doll to represent my grandmother, but eventually decided not to.  I still have many of the Kit things I purchased at that time, and currently I enjoy fantasy themed things so much more.

I also have several dolls out for eye swaps.  I realized that I can use this blog to feature and talk about my O.C.s!  I’ve never posted about them anywhere because they don’t really fit the Dossier format used on AGPT, and I’m really looking forward to having a place to show off my pretties!

So all in all, I’m at peace with Pantygate.  I’m done with new AG dolls, but I think that was close to happening anyhow once I got handier at fixing used ones.